Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Major Catch up! Days 28-40

I'm back fellow Photogroup-ers! Here is a recap of the last week+.

At the park Vale found this baseball.  I kept asking him to "show" it to me so I could take a picture and he just kept looking at the ground.  I finally realized he was afraid to look at me because he did NOT want me to "take" his new treasure!

I would have loved to have taken this pic in color but forgot to change my settings before snapping.  The moment I shot it, he ran away.  Lesson learned: Always check your settings!!! 
I loved the way the light was hitting these!

I stole this idea from Marisa's blog.  

I tried to catch the mist from the spray bottle.  When I slowed down the shutter speed, it was too dark.  Amy???
I love lanterns!

I'm always looking for a challenge that will help me learn something new.  Are there any tips for taking pictures part sun/part shade? 
Someone once told me that the artist who painted this picture painted it so that one eye represents justice and the other mercy.  I have no idea if it's true.  

7 comments:

Bennett Family said...

oh my goodness..that closeup of him w/the hat on is PRICELESS! great job.

Zappe Family said...

I love the baseball pic of him! Great job catching up! I need to be inspired again...I'm behind and feeling a bit less than inspired these days! Great job Leslie!

Daina Crowell said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic with "Baby Bale" with the hoodie. The colours and focus are awesome, not to mention the topic.

Shannon said...

I love the pics at the park. And I agree, him in the hoodie that is my favorite.

Stacie said...

He is so cute. I agree the one in the hoodie is a hit!I also like the one of him in the grass, I love the shadows from the trees on the vivid green.

Photo Amy said...

First off, take all your pictures in color and you can always change them to B&W later on your computer. That's my favorite part about digital. I used to have to decide to shoot either color or B&W or have two cameras at the same time. But then you don't get your favorite shot in the medium you want. Next, sun & shade. Hard to manage. You have to decide if you are exposing for the shadows where the light areas blow out, or exposing for the sunny spots and letting the shadows lose detail. Sometimes changing your perspective for where you stand to take the shot can change how it looks. I usually prefer not combining the two if I am outside and I want a nature shot. I really love taking pictures in the shadows where everything is a little softer, or on overcast days. Perfect in the Northwest. I too love cute little Vale in his hoodie.

Sarah J. said...

#1 picture is of Vale in the hoodie. Super, super cute! Glad you're back!!!